Recipe by byZula
As close as I can get to the real thing! I have another recipe for the frosting posted in recipezaar that may be better.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (100 to 120 degrees F)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In small bowl or cup, dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- In large bowl mix butter or margarine and eggs. Stir in dry ingredients. Add yeast mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Using flour dusted hands, knead dough about 5 minutes and shape into a ball.
- Cover and let rise till double, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Roll into a rectangle, 15 x 20-inches, adjusting until thickness of dough is 1/4 inch.
- Spread butter evenly over dough as close to the edge as possible.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar and raisins in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over dough.
- Starting from long side, roll dough jellyroll fashion, leaving seam on bottom.
- Slice evenly, approximately 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Place cut side down in greased pan and let rise until doubled. About 45 minutes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. (ovens vary).
- Drizzle warm rolls with icing until well coated.
- In small bowl, cream butter and sugar; add cream cheese and vanilla extract. Beat at medium speed until fluffy.