Prep 30 mins
Cook 48 hrs
This is an old recipe I made up years ago... I still make it about once a month...If you like a sweet savory pasta sauce, then you will like this one...I use Turkey Sweet Italian Sausage...
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can water
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 lb of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian spices
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, grated
- Remove sausage from casings and fry up in a little olive oil.
- crumble up and drain.
- Add onions with a little more olive oil and cook until soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the cheese.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add grated cheese, stir in until melted.
- Cover 1 hour over low heat and simmer. Serve over your favorite kind of pasta.
This is by far my favorite sauce over noodles! It is sweet yet a little spicy and tastes wonderful!