Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Found this in a TOH magazine. A tasty appetizer that my family and friends love. The ingredients meld together for a great-tasting appy that goes well with many different main dishes. While there are many (to many to scroll through) listed here the use of balsamic viniger makes this one a little differant so thought I'd post. Simple, pretty, but oh so good. The recipe calls for tomatoes - however I have use canned Italian tomatoes and it came out well. I think I might add some minced garlic also.
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, fresh and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread on ungreased baking sheet; brush with 1/4 cup oil.
- Bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk vinegar and remaining oil.
- Stir in tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon onto each slice of bread.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve immediately.