Recipe by cookiedog
This recipe includes an easy to put together marinade that gives chicken breasts a nice flavor. It is great served with Mexican Rice and tortillas. Recipe is from Sunset Magazine and was submitted by Cheryl Brown.
Top Review by Holley Mc
Oh my goodness. There are not enough stars for this! QUICK and DELISH! Even my picky 7 year old LOVES this! We have a small "patch" of Cilantro we planted this year. Hubby told me we needed to thin some out so to the 'Zaar I come looking for something good and found this gem.. SO glad I did too! We've had to have this 2 days in a row it was so good! Goes great with recipe #207220 thanks for sharing!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 lb. total)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness (about 1/2 in.) and place in a shallow baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice, cilantro, garlic, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over chicken and turn pieces to coat evenly. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Lay chicken on a grill over medium heat (you can hold you hand over the surface only 4 to 5 seconds) and cook, turning once, until no longer pink in the center, 4 to 6 minutes per side.