Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe includes an easy to put together marinade that gives chicken breasts a nice flavor. It is great served with Mexican Rice and tortillas. Recipe is from Sunset Magazine and was submitted by Cheryl Brown.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 lb. total)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness (about 1/2 in.) and place in a shallow baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice, cilantro, garlic, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over chicken and turn pieces to coat evenly. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Lay chicken on a grill over medium heat (you can hold you hand over the surface only 4 to 5 seconds) and cook, turning once, until no longer pink in the center, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Oh my goodness. There are not enough stars for this! QUICK and DELISH! Even my picky 7 year old LOVES this! We have a small "patch" of Cilantro we planted this year. Hubby told me we needed to thin some out so to the 'Zaar I come looking for something good and found this gem.. SO glad I did too! We've had to have this 2 days in a row it was so good! Goes great with Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes the Cheesecake Factory by Todd Wilbur thanks for sharing!
I've been making this since I first cm across it in 2006. Fabulous recipe grilled or baked! A lifer for sure. So EZ to pair w/almost anything.
First off, I LOVE cilantro! I use it like Taco Bell uses lettuce!
I love the color, the smell, and the taste! So far, I've marinated it and then vacummed packed for deep freeze till someone figures out the weather so I can grill them! :)