Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese Chicken Breasts
- Ready In:
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and diced
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces oregano, leaves finely chopped
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 6 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- In a bowl, mix together the diced tomato and goat cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix in the olive oil and around a teaspoon of the chopped oregano leaves.
- Cut a slash lengthways in each of the chicken breast fillets to form a cavity in each one.
- Stuff each cavity with the goat cheese mixture.
- Wrap each chicken breast in 3 bacon slices and secure each one with a piece of string or toothpick.
- Place the bacon-wrapped chicken breasts in a shallow, greased oven dish, Sprinkle with the remaining oregano and season with freshly ground pepper.
- Roast the chicken for 20-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve at once with a tomato salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for my family and they really liked it. Really easy to make. Only a couple changes....I omitted the olive oil from the goat cheese filling. It was smooth/creamy enough and I think adding the olive oil would have made it a little runny. Also, I had to cook the chicken for just under an hour...20-30 minutes wasn't enough to cook thicker chicken breasts all the way through. <br/><br/>I will definitely make this again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)