Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe adds a tasty, sweet twist to regular beef stew. It comes from Better Homes and Gardens.
Make and share this Cider Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 3 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, chopped (any kind)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 cups apple cider or 2 cups apple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In your crock pot combine potatoes, carrots, onion, apple, celery, and tapioca.
- Stir in apple cider or juice, salt, thyme and pepper.
- Stir in beef stew meat.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting for 5 1/2-6 hours.