This is another great recipe from the Chuy's restaurant chain. It is really wonderful. This makes about 2 quarts. I would guess that it will keep in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks, or more.
- Put all ingredients, except salt and lime juice, in a large kettle and bring to a light boil.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Strain liquid into a large bowl.
- Place solid ingredients in a blender.
- Add 1/2 of the strained liquid (about 3 cups) and blend until smooth.
- You may have to do this in batches.
- Add the lime juice and salt and blend for 30 seconds.
- Chill and serve.