6 hrs 10 mins
This vegetable and barely soup is stuffed full of healthy and tasty veggies and it tastes great too. You can throw everything in the crockpot before you leave for work and have a warm, filling and healthy soup waiting for you and your hungry family. Perfect for those chilly fall and winter nights. If you wanted to keep things vegetarian you could easily use vegetable stock in place of chicken stock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup pearl barley
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups leeks, cut in half and roughly sliced
- 1 cup carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 cup celery, roughly chopped
- 1 cup button mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Throw everything into your crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- 2The longer you cook it the thicker the soup will get as the barley.
- 3will soak up the liquid so if you are home just keep an eye on it now.
- 4and then to see if it is getting too thick for your liking.
Browse Our Top Equipment Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Equipment Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Veggie and Barley Soup (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 588.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence