Recipe by DR Gray
Awesome Chunky Tomato Soup is the actual name of this recipe and it lives up to its name. The key to the taste is the yogurt added at the end. Dill is optional -- I'm not to crazy about it. From the Florida Tomato Committee.
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 6 -8 large tomatoes, washed and diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken broth, canned don't use boullion cubes
- 1⁄3 cup fresh dill, wash and snip into small bits (easier if done with sissors) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, snipped,to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- After dicing the onion and tomatoes (serrated knife works best) heat butter in a medium pan and saute onion until transparent (about 5 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, 1/3 cup dill, sugar, salt and pepper and bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Ladle into soup bowls and top with spoonfull of yogurt.
- Sprinkle with remaining dill.