Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I first had this soup at a friends house. She gave me the recipe. She got the recipe out of Southern Living Magazine.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb beef caps
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup with basil, undiluted
- 4 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian cut green beans, drained
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 8 ounces rotini noodles, cooked
- grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Cook rotini noodles, at dente, and set aside to be added to soup at end of cook time.
- Cook beef and onion in a large Dutch over over medium heat, stirring until meat is no long pink; drain.
- Return meat to pan.
- Stir in tomatoes and the next 8 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in kidney beans and next 3 ingredients.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in pasta.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve up into individual bowls.
- Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan Cheese.