Recipe by Marie
This wonderful bread has banana added twice. Mashed banana is mixed with sour cream and added to the batter to make a lovely moist bread. An extra banana is chunked and folded in to add texture. Bake in mini loaf pans for holiday or anytime gift giving.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 cup about 3 medium mashed ripe banana
- 1 extra banana
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut in pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Grease a 5"x9" loaf pan and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and gradually add the sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla and lemon zest.
- Mix together 1 cup mashed banana with sour cream in a small bowl.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture into the creamed butter mixture.
- Blend in 1/2 of the banana mixture, another 1/3 of the flour mixture, remaining banana mixture, then remaining dry mixture, blending well after each addition.
- Cut remaining banana into ½" chunks and fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth.
- To make the streusel, put the sugar, flour, and butter in food processor and pulse until crumbly.
- Add pecans and pulse just until nuts are chopped.
- Spread streusel evenly over batter, pressing in lightly.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn bread out of pan and cool completely before slicing.