Chunky White Chocolate-Raspberry Muffins
My mother's personal favorite--chunks of smooth white chocolate and tart raspberries floating in a tender vanilla batter with a sugared topping. What's not to love?!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Grease 12 standard-size muffin cups, or line with paper wrappers.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the egg, milk, and vanilla; blend well.
- In a large bowl, combine the baking powder, 2 cups of the flour, and the white chocolate; whisk to combine.
- Gradually add to the butter mixture; stirring just until combined.
- Gently fold in the raspberries--the batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full of batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1 Tbsp. of flour and sugar; mix thoroughly.
- Dust muffin tops with the sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the center of a muffin springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tins; carefully transfer muffins to wire racks and cool further.
- Serve warm or cool; store in an airtight container at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION