Recipe by Mrs. Jaye
The famous "Hershey Kiss" peanut butter Christmas cookie. Great for cookie exchanges during the holidays.
Top Review by nnreq
I made these this weekend as part of my annual Christmas cookie frenzy. They were very easy to make and looked beautiful when finished. These will add a touch of elegance to my christmas cookie tins.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sugar (for rolling dough balls into)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages Hershey chocolate kisses
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the first 5 ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Sift the dry ingredients and gradually add to wet ingredients until mixed well.
- Form into small balls and roll in sugar.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and flatten slightly with fingers, not too thin, just a little.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.
- As soon as you remove cookies from oven, press a Hershey's Kiss into the center of the cookie, and cool completely.