- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 lb cherries, candied
- 1 lb dates, pitted
- 1 lb pecans, chopped
- 2 slices candied pineapple
- 1⁄2 lb coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla.
- Put cherries, dates and pineapple through food grinder on coarse. Add ground fruit to sugar mixture; also add pecans and coconut. You will have to use your hands to mix.
- Grease and flour angel food cake pan.
- Place mixture evenly in bottom and cover with waxed paper, then brown paper. Tie with string to close.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- When cool, pour sherry over and sit until Christmas.