Recipe by Wildflour
Pretty little Christmas tree made out of homemade cheese dip/spread coated with chopped parsley to make it green, and decorated with cherry tomatoes, pimiento stuffed green olives, cheese stars and lemon peel for "garland". Serve with stacks of crackers around the tree as "presents". Makes a GREAT centerpiece!
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (12 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped tiny
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped fresh parsley, more if needed
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 15 -20 pimento stuffed olives
- 15 -20 slices cheddar cheese, stars cut them yourself from cheddar or buy them bagged and pre-cut about 1-inch in size
- 1 lemon, rind of, cut peel into long thin strips letting them curl
- assorted cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine well the first 6 ingredients.
- Place on plate and with hands shape into an 8" tall cone-shape.
- Press chopped parsley on "tree" all over to make it green.
- With small star-shaped cookie cutter, cut approximately 1" stars out of slices of cheese. (You can make some of them bells or circles if you want.).
- Stick about 40-50 or so toothpicks halfway (or a little more)all over evenly spaced into tree.
- Stick "decorations"(cheese stars, cherry tomato halves round side out, and olives) onto toothpicks.
- Drape lemon peel around tree, spiraling downward, to resemble garland.
- Cut a larger cheese star for top of tree.
- Place assorted crackers in stacks around base of tree for "presents".