Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Here's a delicious, authentic biscotti. Perfect for Christmas brunch or just snacking with espresso when opening those Christmas presents. They will keep up to 4 weeks in an air tight container.
- 118.29 ml salted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 4.92 ml orange zest
- 4.92 ml lemon zest
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 236.59 ml dried cranberries
- 78.07 ml almonds, sliced
- 78.07 ml pistachios, chopped
- melted chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter and flour a cookie sheet.
- In a food processor mix eggs, sugar, melted butter, extracts and zests.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking powder and ground cloves.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the egg mixture into food processor.
- Pulse until smooth. Remove and place back into a bowl.
- Add cranberries and nuts mixing well.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and place in fridge for 40 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto prepared cooking sheet forming into a log 15x3 1/2".
- Smooth dough top and side with a slightly wet spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes until edges are lightly browned and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes. Do not turn off oven.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the log into 1/2" slices.
- Lay slices flat back onto the cookie sheet and bake another 10-12 minutes until bottom of cookie turns golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar lightly.
- Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate, if desired.