Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is one of my husband's favorite appetizers.. Delicious with crackers or tortilla chips.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip or 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups baby shrimp
- 1 cup extra hot seafood sauce
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 chopped green onions
- 1 -2 tomatoes, diced
- Mix first three ingredients.
- Spread into a pie plate or onto a pizza pan.
- Spread the cocktail sauce on next.
- Top with green onions, shrimp, tomatoes, green peppers and cheese.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers and chips -- Make lots it disappears fast!
I love surprise spread! I always add a can of imitation crabmeat to mine, along with the shrimp. So yummy!
This was a big hit at our Euchre Group. Very easy and tasty. Made for PAC fall 2011.