Recipe by Mamalovesakm
The Christie Cookie Company is another wonderful Nashville company. These are the most amazing cookies ever.
Top Review by cookingpompom
I made these and halved the recipe, it made 36 medium sized cookies. A large bowl is needed and a strong arm! We do not have toffee chips here in Australia, so I added 200g (about 8 ounces) of diced jersey caramels instead. Although not the best option, it is all I could think of. A great blend of flavours, just wish I had access to all the ingredients! My four children and husband loved them. Note - don't eat while hot! The caramel is VERY hot!!! Be patient and wait, your mouth will thank you.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 (12 ounce) bags chocolate chips (best quality)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag toffee pieces
- 3 cups pecans (or walnuts coarsely chopped)
- 4 1⁄2 cups oatmeal (finely ground to 4 cups)
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces Hershey Bars, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oatmeal in food processor, grind until a fine powder.
- Grate Hershey bar.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla.
- Slowly mix Hershey bar into sugar mixture.
- Add flour and oatmeal 1 cup at a time, alternating until all is incorporated.
- Stir in Heath Bits, Chocolate Chips, and nuts.
- Roll into to one inch balls, or use cookie scoop. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Cookies should still be slightly underdone.
- Move to wax paper lined counter to cool, do not use wire racks.
- VARIATION: Substitute white chocolate chips for chocolate and Macadamia nuts for pecans.
- VARIATION: Omit grated Hershey bar, add one teaspoon cinnamon and substitute raisins for the chocolate chips.