Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
"FLAT IRON STEAK is JERICHO!" Found this recipe for Pro Wrestler Chris Jericho's "Rubbed Flat Iron Steak" and thought I would share. Serve with your favorite salsa on top. Or slice it and serve on rice or in tacos.
- 2 (1 lb) flat iron steaks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place steak in a shallow baking dish and season with salt.
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over steak, turn to coat, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium/high heat.
- Remove steak from dish, reserving marinade.
- Place meat on grill and cook for 13-15 minutes.
- Brush often with reserved marinade during cooking process.
- When meat reaches desired doneness, remove from heat and allow to sit for a few minutes before slicing.
This rub was really good! I added cumin and a touch of liquid smoke and allowed to marinate for a couple of hours. Grilled on the Foreman and served with tortillas, grilled onion and mixed bell peppers. Delicious!
I was looking for a steak fajita recipe, but i didnt have the spices to make it. So i decided to just look for a flat iron steak recpe(that was the time of steak had on hand.) Well i hate having to change a whole lot of stuff before i even try a recipe but i had to in this recipe... Like i dint have any balsamic vinegar so i used apple cider vinegar. i also didnt hav any oregano so i just didnt put it in there.. I cooked it inside on the broiling pan the oven because it was raining, I cut it into strips after letting it rest, i added it to sauted onions and bell peppers.. and put it on tortilla's and they were delicious.. I will make this again.. next time i will make it according to the recipes. also i might add some brown sugar to that marinade