Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My friend Chris and his wife are great cooks. They made this dish for a "Friend's" Thanksgiving/Birthday celebration at the beach one year. I HAD to have this recipe to add to my collection. :) This is very flexible also. Good enough to be served for a holiday dinner or can jazz up a weeknight meal. Its not like any other B & C casserole I've ever had. I looked through the B & C recipes before I posted this one, and there isn't anything quite like it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 lb petite frozen broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 egg
- 7 ounces crushed cheez-it white cheddar crackers, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pre-cook broccoli for 5 minutes in boiling salted water; drain well.
- Using electric mixer, cream together egg, cream cheese, and mayonnaise.
- When creamed together,add cheddar cheese soup and mix well.
- Place broccoli in casserole dish.
- Pour cheese mixture over top.
- Sprinkle crushed Cheez-its over the top.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until heated through and topping is golden brown.
You really need to be a cheese fan for this one, & although I like cheese, another time I'd cut back on the amount of either the cheese soup or the cracker topping! Then again, three of us thought it was fine the way it was, while I could have don with less cheese! Isn't democracy wonderful!! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]