1/9 Photos of Chorizo-Potato Frittata
Mommy Diva's Note:
Delicious, lightly spicy frittata--great anytime! RR archived recipe. :) YUMMY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 lb chorizo sausage, casing removed and chopped
- 2 large boiling potatoes, cut in half and thinly sliced (white)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 12 extra-large eggs (or 1 quart of pasteurized egg yolks)
- 1/3 cup half-and-half (eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1/4 lb manchego cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped (a couple of handfuls)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Heat a 12-inch, nonstick, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add EVOO and chorizo, and cook until the chorizo is crispy, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add the sliced potatoes and onions, and continue to cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes (until the potatoes are tender).
- 5Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- 6Beat eggs together with half-and-half then whisk in the salt and pepper.
- 7Pour the eggs over the filling and let the eggs set.
- 8Using a spatula, raise eggs off the bottom of the skillet, allowing more of the liquid egg to settle.
- 9When the frittata has set, sprinkle with the cheese and transfer to the oven.
- 10Cook for 10-12 minutes until top is deep golden brown.
- 11Remove and let stand 5 minutes.
- 12Garnish with parsley, if desired,then cut into wedges and serve.
- 13Enjoy! ;).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo-Potato Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (1354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.2
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 438.2 mg
- Sodium 791.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: