Recipe by cookiedog
When plain chorizo just won't do. A Rick Bayless recipe
Top Review by vegan mom
I made these but substituted Trader Joe's brand Soyrizo and used bagged simply potatoes for the potatoes to make it quicker. We loved these. Served them with some spanish rice and pinto beans. Will be making again.
- 12 ounces chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium white onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms (stemmed and sliced-1/2-inch thick, about 2 cups)
- 12 ounces yukon gold potatoes or 12 ounces red potatoes, coarsely grated
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- roasted tomatillo salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble chorizo in a large nonstick skillet and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until sausage is half cooked.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add onion and mushrooms; continue to cook, stirring almost constantly, for about 3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Sprinkle potatoes into skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Season to taste with salt. Transfer mixture into a bowl and top with cilantro. Serve in tortillas with Roasted Tomatillo Salsa.