Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had some Chorizo to use and this all fell into place with leftover beans and lentils from the fridge. Serve warm on corn tortillas with cilantro and fried eggs.
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 1⁄2 cups black beans
- 1⁄2 cup cooked lentils
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium beef bouillon paste, such as Better Than Bouillon
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fry Chorizo for 10 minutes till done draining excess grease.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer till thickened, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
There's a reason why I check the new recipe feed on food.com every day: it's so I don't miss out on a gem of a recipe like this one! I love chorizo, lentils, and black beans, so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it.... it was great. I made my own lean turkey chorizo a day earlier to use in this, and served these as tacos. I skipped the eggs and cilantro, and just topped each taco with a bit of pico de gallo. These ended up being the best tacos I've ever made, and with the lentils and beans, it turned out to be a very healthy, balanced meal! Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe.