Recipe by I'mPat
One of those dishes that could breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Was also suggested you could serve with a garden salad (mixed leaves, tomato, cucumber, carrot, avocado or whatever vegies you like). From Recipe+
Top Review by mickeydownunder
I LOVED this today, TRUE!
Enjoyed the ease, simplicity, versatility too!
Used red onions, shiitake mushrooms as like to use what I have on hand in fridge, freezer or pantry!
This is a very lovely brunch or lunch even dinner recipe!
MADE AS PART OF THE RECIPE SWAP #72
- 50 g butter
- 2 chorizo sausages (finely chopped)
- 1 brown onion (small finely chopped)
- 150 g button mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 100 g Baby Spinach (leaves)
- 10 eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons chives (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 10 grams of butter in a 18cm (base measurement) heavy based non stick frying pan over moderate heat and add chorizo and onions and cook and stir for 3 minutes or until chorizo is crisp and then add mushrooms and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until tender and then add the spinach and cook for 30 seconds or until wilted and transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Whope pan clean.
- Whisk eggs, chives and 1/4 cup water in a large jug and season with salt pepper.
- FOR EACH OMELET, melt 10 grams of the butter in clean pan over moderately high heat and add a quarter of the egg mixture and tilt to cover base and cook for 2 minutes until set underneath and then slide onto a serving plate.
- Top half the omelet with a quarter of the chorizo mixture and fold omelet over to enclose.