Recipe by lazyme
This dressing is much better than any store-bought. I'm not usually a Thousand Island type of person, but this is great on this salad, and on crab or shrimp Louis as well. I found this in Bon Appetit magazine, February 1998. Prep time does not include making hard-boiled egg.
Top Review by breezermom
This dressing turned out thick, but delicious! I do love thousand island, especially on a wedge salad. This one is a little less sweet and spicier. A very nice change from the regular thousand island dressing. Thanks for sharing! Made for FYC tag game.
- 295.73 ml mayonnaise
- 78.07 ml chili sauce
- 59.14 ml pimiento, drained and chopped
- 1 large hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml dill pickles, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml capers, drained
- 29.58 ml green onions, chopped
- hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium head romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped