This was one of those serendipitous creations I came up with to take to a last minute gathering. It was made with the ingredients I had in the fridge, yet turned out to be a hit. My family loves it, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, Miracle Whip, Red Hot sauce, and horseradish, until smooth.
- 2Stir in the remaining ingredients and taste before adding salt.
- 3The ham usually adds enough salt.
- 4Chill, covered, until serving.
- 5(It's best if allowed to sit a couple of hours, but can be served immediately).
- 6NOTE: You need the sweetness that the Miracle Whip adds; that's the reason for not using mayo.
- 7Also, if you use a different hot sauce you will want to adjust the amount.
- 8Frank's isn't very spicy, but it adds wonderful flavor.
- 9Something like Tabasco will add much more heat, but not as much flavor.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chopped Ham and Cheese Spread
Serving Size: 1 (629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.3
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 107.4 mg
- Sodium 1075.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 16.7 g