Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was one of those serendipitous creations I came up with to take to a last minute gathering. It was made with the ingredients I had in the fridge, yet turned out to be a hit. My family loves it, too.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, Miracle Whip, Red Hot sauce, and horseradish, until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and taste before adding salt.
- The ham usually adds enough salt.
- Chill, covered, until serving.
- (It's best if allowed to sit a couple of hours, but can be served immediately).
- NOTE: You need the sweetness that the Miracle Whip adds; that's the reason for not using mayo.
- Also, if you use a different hot sauce you will want to adjust the amount.
- Frank's isn't very spicy, but it adds wonderful flavor.
- Something like Tabasco will add much more heat, but not as much flavor.
Mmmmm - very yummy! I never buy Miracle Whip so I used mayo and didn't think it was missing anything in terms of sweetness. I used light cream cheese and red pepper instead of green (had some to use up). Made a great sandwich - and so much better than store bought ham salad! Thanks Vina!
this was so good..I used a can of hormel ham(the ones that are in a can like tuna fish) served with assorted crackers and celery..easy and good made exactlt as stated EXCEPT for the can of ham..had that but no other ham on hand