Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is Jewish dish that is usually served on Shabath. This recipe to me is the greatest. I found it on Chabad.org. I don't know if this recipe is by Rebbetzin Esther Winner or not. You'll have a great success the vary first time. I can't get enough of it, so I don't wait till Sabbath to enjoy it.
- Soak beans overnight. Drain and discard any stones. Place beans in 8 quart pot and cover the top of the beans with an inch of water.
- Sear your beef roast and leave whole. Place beef roast and beef bones into pot.
- Dice the onions and mince the garlic, chop cilantro.
- Combined remaining ingredients except for potatoes into a food processor and mix. Put mixture over meat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer/low and allow to cook for 3 hours.
- Add potatoes and allow to cook for one hour more.
- Before Shabbos, place the pot on the blech and add one inch of water above the ingredients. For a pareve cholent omit the meat and meat bones.