Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was a Recipezaar adoptee. It sounded like a good way to sneak some extra vegetables into my family's diet.
- 1 cup salad oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 cups zucchini, grated (no need to peel)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour (may use 1/2 whole wheat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together oil, eggs, vanilla, and sugar until light; about two minutes. Mix in melted chocolate.
- Stir in the grated zucchini.
- Mix flour(s) with salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- At low speed, add to the zucchini mixture, just until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Stir in nuts and chips.
- Pour into 2 well-greased 9" x 5" pans.
- Bake at 350F for 45-55 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out clean.
Has a great taste but a little dry. I only cooked it 50 minutes instead of 60. The chocolate chips ended up on the bottom of the loaf.