Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Tastes better than it sounds. A great chocolate cake that is WW friendly. 4 pts a serving. 3 points without the chocolate chips and nuts)
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 2 cups zucchini (shredded, peeled)
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk, dried
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce (or 1/3 cup oil)
- 3⁄4 cup egg beaters 99% egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour 9 x 13 inch pan. In a large bowl;combine cake mix and powdered buttermilk until well mixed;
- Add the zucchini, applesauce (or oil) and eggs.
- Beat at low speed until moistened.
- Beat two minutes at med speed.
- Pour into greased and floured pan.
- Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool one hour or until completely cool.
This has to be the most delicious cake I have ever had! And it's WW friendly. This is ultra moist. I did put the nuts and chocolates on top. Yummy. I could not find the buttermilk powder so just did not include it. No problem, it came out absolutely scrumptious. If you need a chocolate fix this is for you. Thanks Gallopin Gael for posting. Made for PAC spring 08'
Excellent recipe to curb that chocolate craving, but with a weight watcher attitude. I thought maybe you forgot to include the water for this recipe, because it did not become like a normal consistency for cakes. I did add the nuts and chocolate chips and it is great!!!! Plus I am getting some of my veggies without even realizing it.