Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe makes two loaves. Freeze one loaf, before glazing, to enjoy later. Originally, found on Land O' Lakes web site. I searched through the recipes and I didn't find this exact recipe, so I decided to post it to see what you thought of my changes.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 4 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamias or 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews or 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips or 1 1⁄2 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour 2 8"x4" loaf pans.
- Melt butter and chocolate over medium heat in 2 quart saucepan, stirring occasionally, 4-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar, zucchini, eggs and vanilla until well mixed.
- Combine all remaining bread ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir zucchini mixture into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into loaf pans.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, stir together all glaze ingredients in small bowl.
- Drizzle over cooled bread.