Recipe by dale!
These are really special little biscuits (cookies). They have a shortbread type texture and are great with coffee or when you want to impress someone!
Top Review by KitchenManiac
Could someone pls tell me what it means to "rotate baking sheet at half time". I really want to try this out, but I don't know what that means. A reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 90 g cocoa
- 30 g cornflour
- 225 g unsalted butter, softened
- 90 g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- icing sugar, for, dusting
- 115 g chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Into a bowl sift together the flour,cocoa and cornflour.
- In another large bowl beat the butter and icing sugar until fluffy.
- With the beater on low speed gradually add in the flour mixture and vanilla essence until it becomes a soft dough.
- Shape into'bar' shapes about 10cm long by 5cm wide.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes, rotating baking sheets at half-time.
- Keep an eye on them as they should only be slightly firm and all ovens are different.
- Cool on wire cooling rack until cool and firm.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate and place back onto greaseproof paper and allow chocolate to set.
- Store in container with waxed paper between layers.