Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An elderly client of my husband used to travel to Toronto at least once a year and he always brought my daughters a bag of chocolate turtles as a present. After he passed away I adopted this recipe to remember him by. My girls call this Marvin's Cheesecake.
- Combine crumbs and margarine, press onto bottom and sides of 9-inch spring- form pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- In 1 1/2 quart heavy saucepan, melt caramels with milk over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth.
- Pour over crust.
- Top with pecans.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in chocolate, pour over pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.