Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from a magazine.
Top Review by Vseward (Chef~V)
I have this same recipe and I will tell you it is the BEST trifle. I've made others with brownies, but this one is a little different! The cake is lighter and the coffee adds not only to the taste but the consistency! I highly recommend this one! Straight into my online cookboo. I'm actually surprised this wasn't posted on Zaar before. ;) you beat me to it. Thanks for posting. ~V
- 18 ounces fudge cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 6 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup strong coffee
- 12 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 Heath candy bars, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake cake according to package directions with water, oil, and eggs.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions; set aside.
- Crumble cake; reserve 1/2 cup.
- Place half of the remaining cake crumbs in the bottom of a 4 1/2 or 5 quart trifle dish or decorative glass bowl.
- Layer with half of the coffee, half of the pudding,half of the whipped topping and half of the crushed candy bars.
- Repeat the layers of cake, coffee,pudding and whipped topping.
- Combine remaining crushed candy bars with reserved cake crumbs; sprinkle over top.
- Refrigerate 4-5 hours before serving.