Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was served this delicious smooth tofu pie at a meeting this week along with the out of this world topping. This pie actually contains no dairy--that's made up for by the topping.
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
Brown Sugar Bourbon Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate chips with the Kahlua then stir in the vanilla.
- Place the chocolate mixture in a blender and add the tofu and honey and puree until smooth.
- Pour into the cookie crust and refrigerate until set.
- Brown Sugar Bourbon Cream:.
- In a chilled mixer bowl whisk at speed 4 the heavy cream, sour cream, brown sugar, and salt.
- Add bourbon and continue to whisk until bubbles form at the edges, about 40 seconds. Increase to speed 10 and beat until doubled in volume, about a minute.
- Slice pie and top with cream.
I debated about making this pie because I have never worked with tofu before and wasn't sure what I was doing. But, I bit the bullet so to speak and bought all of the ingredients to try it. Well, you know how you have one of those days when everything turns to #@$%#. That is how my day started when I attempted to make this pie. The tofu I bought didn't look "silken" to me, but was like a soft block of cheesy looking something. Anyway, I followed the directions and put it in the blender along with the honey. The chocolate chips gave me a hard time when I was trying to melt them, but they finally went into the blender too. After a hard start, this pie turned out to be one of the very best chocolate pies I have ever had! The bourbon cream topping is absolutely wonderful and just puts a delicious topping on the pie. This has to be one of the easiest, (after I finally stopped fighting it)creamiest and most delicious chocolate pies I have ever tried. If I had started this with a better attitude, I don't think I would have had any trouble at all. Try it everyone, it is the best!