1 hr 5 mins
Chris Reynolds's Note:
I found this recipe in Light & Tasty Taste of Home. This recipe needs to refrigerate overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter; place over a bowl. Place cottage cheese in strainer; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2Coat the bottom and sides of a 9" springform pan with nonstick cooking spray; press cookie crumbs onto the bottom and 1" up the sides. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 16" square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- 3Transfer cottage cheese to a food processor; discard liquid in bowl. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Add cream cheese, sugar, and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- 4Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the vanilla, eggs, and egg white just until smooth. Remove 1 cup of batter; pour remaining batter into prepared pan.
- 5Combine the reserved batter with the melted chocolate until well blended. Drop by spoonfuls over plain batter; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- 6Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1" of boiling water to the larger pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until center is just set. Turn oven off and open door slightly. Cool cheesecake in oven for 30 minutes.
- 7Remove pan from water bath. Remove foil from bottom of pan. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 8Chill 3-4 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.9
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 49.0 mg
- Sodium 292.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bittersweet chocolate squares