Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe in Light & Tasty Taste of Home. This recipe needs to refrigerate overnight.
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter; place over a bowl. Place cottage cheese in strainer; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Coat the bottom and sides of a 9" springform pan with nonstick cooking spray; press cookie crumbs onto the bottom and 1" up the sides. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 16" square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- Transfer cottage cheese to a food processor; discard liquid in bowl. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Add cream cheese, sugar, and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the vanilla, eggs, and egg white just until smooth. Remove 1 cup of batter; pour remaining batter into prepared pan.
- Combine the reserved batter with the melted chocolate until well blended. Drop by spoonfuls over plain batter; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1" of boiling water to the larger pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until center is just set. Turn oven off and open door slightly. Cool cheesecake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from water bath. Remove foil from bottom of pan. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Chill 3-4 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers.