1/2 Photos of Chocolate Swirl Bread
1 hr 30 mins
My husband and his coworkers request this bread at least once every 2 months. It is pretty simple to make. I got it from a BGH Cookie magazine. Prep time is approx. and includes rise time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups flour
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast, quick rise
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package English toffee bits (1 cup) or 4 finely chopped Heath candy bars (1 cup)
- 1In a large mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour to yeast.
- 2In a sauce pan heat and stir the milk, sugar, butter and salt until warm (120 to 130) and butter almost melts. Add to flour mixture; mix well. Add eggs.
- 3Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high for 3 minute.
- 4Using spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- 5Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 min).
- 6Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Roll out both portions of dough separately to form two 14x10-inch rectangles.
- 7Reserve 2 tablespoons of the Heath Bits. Sprinkle remaining over dough rectangles.
- 8Starting from short side, roll up each one. Seal seams and edges. Line a baking sheet with foil, grease the foil. Transfer loaves to prepared baking sheet. Cover let rise until nearly double (25 to 30 min.).
- 9Bake at 375 for about 20 minute or until done. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 10For icing; combine powdered sugar, water and vanilla. Spread over cooled loaves and sprinkle with reserved Heath Bits.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Swirl Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2320.8
- Calories from Fat 653
- Total Fat 72.6 g
- Saturated Fat 39.9 g
- Cholesterol 310.8 mg
- Sodium 1817.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 376.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 173.3 g
- Protein 42.6 g