Recipe by Mom2Rose
From the Hershey's website
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Here's a great way to satisfy a chocolate & nut fan, & that's just what I did ~ Well, I actually set 4 of the bars aside for us & let my other half take the rest to work! Did use toasted almonds in this recipe that went together very quickly & produced GREAT TASTING BARS! Thanks for a wonderful dessert! [Tagged, made & reviewed for a teammate in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (1 stick)
- 1 egg
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (12-oz. pkg.)
- 1 cup nuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar and cocoa in large bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg; mix well.
- Set aside 1-1/2 cups mixture.
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwave-safe bowl, place sweetened condensed milk and 1 cup chocolate chips; stir.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred; pour over crust.
- Add nuts and remaining chips to reserved crumb mixture. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into 36 bars.