A really moist and fudgy one-bowl cake.
Make and share this Chocolate Sour Cream Fudge Snack Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Sift the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, melted butter, egg and vanilla.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the dry ingredients, and beat with a wooden spoon or a whisk until just combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and walnuts; mix to combine.
- Transfer the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until cake tests done.
This cake turned our great even though I made some changes to fit the ingredients I had on hand. I used plain yogurt instead of sour cream since I had left over yogurt that I needed to use up. I also used all brown sugar as I had just run out of white sugar. I omitted the coffee, walnuts, and chocolate chips, and served it without frosting. The texture was wonderful! It was very moist, yet somehow still light and spongy. There's also a good flavor without being too sweet. I will definitely be making again!
Fantastic cake!! Husband liked it too. will definitely be making this one again. When it came out of the oven hot, I topped it with choc. chips and let them melt then spread them, for the icing. thanks Carol
Brought this cake to a Canada Day BBQ - didn't get a chance to have a real piece (the kids jumped on the cake!!) - had some crumbs... and tasted delish!! Thanks Kit! Can't be easier than this!! :)