Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe I am trying from 'Passover by Design'.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into chunks (not chocolate chips)
- Prepare a large pan or bowl of ice cubes and water. Set aside.
- Combine the 1 cup sugar and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Remove from heat and whisk in cocoa and chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Return the suacepan to the heat and bring to a boil again. As soon as bubbles start to appear, rmove from heat and set into prepared pan of ice water.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Pour into an airtight container, cover and freeze for 3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and transfer to a mixing bowl. With mixer at medium-high speed, beat for 1 full minute. Return to container. Cover and place back in to freezer for 3 more hours. Repeat the beating 2 more times during these 3 hours. Freeze until ready to serve.