Recipe by Big D Texas
All the basic food groups represented in this one! Chocolate, coconut, nuts, rum and coffee! I found this on another site a couple of years ago, but, I keep loosing my paper copy and have to get it out here so I can always find it, and for everyone else to enjoy!This is a BIG family favorite....especially for my sister-in-law Glenda. She is disappointed when I don't make it for family gatherings. You will LOVE this.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 12 ounces sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon rum or 1 teaspoon coffee-flavored liqueur
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I like chopped almond)
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells or 1 (9 inch) prepared tart shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream buter and brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time' beat well after each.
- Add flour rum and coffee, and beat well.
- Add coconut, chocolate, and nuts and blend.
- Pour into pie or tart shells.
- Bake 25 minutes (may take a little more).