1/1 Photo of Chocolate Ricotta Muffins
These muffins are deeply chocolate flavored, and have the rich wholesomeness of the ricotta and the milk. Your taste buds will have a hard time believing they are low fat to
My Private Note
large m ...
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray, for the pan
- 2 1/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 -8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (best with whole milk ricotta, but works with lowfat variety to further reduce fat content)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk or 1 1/3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (canola oil can be substituted for all or part of the butter)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly spray 12 standard-sized (2 1/2-inch-diameter) muffin cups with nonstick spray.
- 3Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, cocoa, and sugar in a medium-sized bowl.
- 4Place the ricotta in a second medium-sized bowl, and add the eggs one at a time, beating well with a medium-sized whisk after each addition.
- 5Add the milk and vanilla, and whisk until thoroughly blended.
- 6Pour the ricotta mixture, along with the melted butter, into the dry ingredients.
- 7Using a spoon or a rubber spatula, stir from the bottom of the bowl until the dry ingredients are all moistened.
- 8Fold in the chips, but don't overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- 9Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- 10For smaller muffins, fill the cups about 4/5 of the way.
- 11For larger muffins, fill them even with the top of the pan.
- 12If you have extra batter, spray one or two additional muffin cups with nonstick spray and put in as much batter as you have.
- 13Bake in the middle of the oven for to 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned on top, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 14Remove the pan from the oven, then remove the muffins from the pan and place them on a rack to cool.
- 15Wait at least 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Ricotta Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.5
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.4 mg
- Sodium 251.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 7.9 g