Prep 4 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This takes rice pudding to a whole new level.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar (confectioners)
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate (for garnishing)
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter a shallow souffle dish.
- In a bowl, combine the condensed milk with the 2 ounces of chocolate in a medium-sized saucepan, over low heat; cook, stirring constantly, until the chocolate has melted (about 5 minutes).
- Gradually add in the butter; stir until melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Whisk the milk into the chocolate mixture.
- Beat in the egg yolks, and 2 tsp vanilla.
- Stir in the rice.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, (the middle will be slightly loose).
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate until well chilled (about 4 hours).
- Before serving, beat the whipping cream in a large bowl with 1 tsp vanilla and 2 Tbsp confectioners sugar (or to taste).
- Pile the whipped cream on top of the cooled pudding.
- With a vegetable peeler, scrape the piece of chocolate over the top to make chocolate curls.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.