Recipe by Sharon123
Oh my-chocolate cookie, coconut and pecan crust a cream cheese filling and a chocolate topping. Decadent and perfect for the holiday! Adapted from a 2007 calender!
Top Review by 2Bleu
I made this cheesecake for Buddha (he's a chocoholic) and quartered the amounts to make a smaller version in our 5" mini springform pan. It cooked for 40 minutes as stated. It did rise up out of the pan but that was ok because I cut the top off and had a little for me that way, so if made using a mini springform pan, I suggest using 1/5 of this recipe. After chilling the cheesecake for 2 hours, I poured the chocolate sauce over the top while still in the pan (in the locked position), finished chilling the cake for 2 more hours, then ran a knife around the inside to loosen before releasing the rim. The only other thing I know to say is that I served him half of it and asked "well?". He didn't answer. But he did have it devoured it just four bites! Great (and easy) recipe Sharon, thanks for posting! :)
- 30 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350*F>.
- Mix crushed cookies, margarine, pecans and coconut: press firmly into the bottom of a 13"x9" baking pan. Chill while preparing filling.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixed well. Add the eggs, one at a time, mi,ing on low speed after each addition until just blended. Pour over the crust.
- Bake 40 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool, then chill in fridge 3 hours and up to overnight.
- Place whipping cream and chocolate in a small saucepan. Cook on low heat until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally. Pour over cheesecake. Chill 15 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Store any leftover cheesecake in the fridge.
- To make this special:.
- Once chocolate topping is firm, place 2 additional chocolate squares in microwaveable bowl and microwave on Medium 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until the chocolate is totally melted. Pour it into a small reclosable plastic bag. Snip off one small corner from the bottom of bag; twist top of bag to squeeze chcolate from bag to pipe a special message, such as Love You, Greetings, etc. on top of cheesecake. Enjoy!