Loaded Coconut Pecan Cookies
photo by Chef on the coast
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter (i use real butter, but i'm sure it would work fine with margarine- might not be QUITE as tasty, thou)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans
- 1 3⁄4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Cream butter and sugar together in large bowl. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Mix in 1 cup coconut, saving the other 3/4 cup for later use.
- Combine flour, pecans, and baking soda in small bowl. Mix into coconut mixture.
- Once well mixed, sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup coconut on work surface.
- Divide dough into 3 parts and form into rolls, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Roll dough in coconut until coated.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until firm, at least 1 hour. (dough can be frozen up to 6 weeks).
- Cut rolls into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes. My oven takes 15.
- Cool and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Uh oh! These are dangerous; so delicious!! I made last night and put them in the fridge and made a few today. Plan to put the rest in the freezer to make a few at a time otherwise I might eat too many at a time! Really good! Made for Zaar Cookbook tag game. Edited to add: this works well in the freezer. I put one roll in the freezer, then pull it out and cut off what I want. Cookies bake up nicely just like when first made and, being in roll form, are easy to cut off a few at a time.
Am I really the first to give a review on these tasty cookies? My family loves coconut and pecans. These didn't last long. I took some to my cub scout den and they inhaled them too. Next time I might add some chocolate chips and turn these into drop cookies! I loved all the coconut. It reminded me of coconut pecan frosting for a german chocolate cake!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a full-time mom to an amazing 5-year-old boy who is too smart for his own good and a beautiful 1-year-old little girl. I am married to the love of my life, who always keeps me on my toes and keeps me laughing. i cherish every moment i get to spend with my family. I love to bake, so you'll catch me searching for lots of recipes for all sorts of sweets. My boys are both picky eaters, so I'm always looking for ways to hide veggies in whatever I can!!! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">