These little bits of heaven come from Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine. So good; use them as a dessert at your next dinner party when the menu is Italian. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup water, boiling
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup medium- to full-bodied red wine (such as cannonau)
- 2 (8 ounce) containers mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- red grapes (halved)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Line 2 muffin pans with muffin cups or coat with nonstick spray.
- 2In a medium, heatproof bowl, combine cocoa powder with chocolate pieces. Whisk in the boiling water until chocolate is melted and mixture is combined.
- 3In a large bowl, cream butter and granulated sugar together. Beat in the eggs one at a time, until fully blended. Sift in flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until just combined.
- 4Alternating, add the chocolate mixture and wine in batches, mixing well between each addition. Repeat this until batter is smooth. Divide mixture among muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 of the way full.
- 5Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in the pan.
- 6Lightly beat the mascarpone, then add the confectioners' sugar and beat until creamy. Remove the cooled cupcakes from the pan, spread each with icing, and top with a grape half, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Red-Wine Cupcakes With Mascarpone Icing
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.2
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 187.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: