Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These little bits of heaven come from Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine. So good; use them as a dessert at your next dinner party when the menu is Italian. Delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup water, boiling
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup medium- to full-bodied red wine (such as cannonau)
- 2 (8 ounce) containers mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- red grapes (halved)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 2 muffin pans with muffin cups or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a medium, heatproof bowl, combine cocoa powder with chocolate pieces. Whisk in the boiling water until chocolate is melted and mixture is combined.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and granulated sugar together. Beat in the eggs one at a time, until fully blended. Sift in flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until just combined.
- Alternating, add the chocolate mixture and wine in batches, mixing well between each addition. Repeat this until batter is smooth. Divide mixture among muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in the pan.
- Lightly beat the mascarpone, then add the confectioners' sugar and beat until creamy. Remove the cooled cupcakes from the pan, spread each with icing, and top with a grape half, if desired.
These cupcakes are so good that I prefer them without the icing. They're moist, and their texture is incredibly smooth and tender. You really MUST try these--I recently lost 70 lbs., but I went off my diet just to eat these. The only word that really fits is AWESOME.