This recipe needs two torte pans (I used Pampered Chef). If you do not have torte pans then follow the box directions to make two 8 or 9 inch layers and then make the cream filling as directed below. Also - This recipe was made using Betty Crocker Supermoist Devil's Food cake and the cake ingredients are listed below for that mix. If you are using a different brand, please follow the box instructions on the necessary ingredients to make the batter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease and flour torte pans; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; divide batter equally between pans.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack, cool 5 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pans; cool completely.
- Meanwhile in chilled bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken.
- Gradually add sugar and coffee; continue beating until stiff.
- Once torte layers have cooled completely, use half of the Mocha Cream to frost the top of the first layer; place on decorative plate.
- Place the second layer over top of the first frosted layer and use the remaining Mocha Cream to frost the top of the torte.
- Arrange the raspberries on top of the torte in a decorative pattern (see photo for example).
- Keep refrigerated until serving and refrigerate leftovers, if any.