Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Quick Cooking, courtesy of Rosemary Ford Vinson. I've made this several times--easy and good.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- confectioners' sugar
- Prepare cake according to package directions, using three greased and floured 9-in.
- round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Combine milk and pudding mix; add to cream cheese and mix well.
- Fold in whipped topping and raspberries.
- Place on cake layer on a swervice plate.
- Spread with half of the filling.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining cake; dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Garnish with mint and raspberries of desired.
- Store in refrigerator.