Chocolate Raspberry Torte With Mocha Cream Filling
photo by Mom2Rose
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package betty crocker supermoist devil's food cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
Mocha Cream Filling
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered instant coffee
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease and flour torte pans; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; divide batter equally between pans.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack, cool 5 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pans; cool completely.
- Meanwhile in chilled bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken.
- Gradually add sugar and coffee; continue beating until stiff.
- Once torte layers have cooled completely, use half of the Mocha Cream to frost the top of the first layer; place on decorative plate.
- Place the second layer over top of the first frosted layer and use the remaining Mocha Cream to frost the top of the torte.
- Arrange the raspberries on top of the torte in a decorative pattern (see photo for example).
- Keep refrigerated until serving and refrigerate leftovers, if any.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!