Recipe by knitaholic
I love chocolate pudding cake, and this one is for 2 people (or in my case, one). It's even better with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
I made this for my husband & I for Valentine's Day :-). I thought it was SO easy & pretty tasty, too. It does need whipped cream/ice cream since it isn't super sweet. I would have preferred more choc flavor so next time I may add mini choc chips to the batter. I used Splenda for the sugar, skim milk & fat free whipped cream. Thank you for sharing!!
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Stir in milk, butter, vanilla.
- Pour into a 1 quart baking dish.
- Combine 1 Tbsp sugar and 1 1/2 tsp cocoa. Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Pour 1/4 cup hot water over sugar/cocoa mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Spoon onto dessert plates and top with ice cream if desired.