Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
If I could get away with eating this once a week for the rest of my life, I would. It's high in sugar, fat, chocolate and creamy lusciousness. The better quality the ingredients you use, the better the pudding will be. Cook time is chill time.
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt; combine the milk and cream and whisk 1 cup of the mixture into the dry ingredients, dissolving the cornstarch; add the remaining cream mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until it comes to a boil, 4-5 minutes; add the chocolate and stir until melted; remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour a scant 1/2 cup pudding into 6 serving dishes, lay plastic wrap on surface, and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
This was rich and creamy, but was a little grainy. I had to use flour instead of cornstarch so that might be the reason for the grainy feeling. But my hubby still loved it asked for me to make it again. It made a whole bunch. Aggie